Tuesday 11 October 2016

Simon's Ultimate Barbecue Sauce

When I posted my recipe for Homemade Burgers I was told they would go well with a great Barbecue sauce, and was given this recipe. It looks a lot healthier than most of the BBQ sauces I've seen before and full of Veg without too much sweetness.


 Ingredients
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 Red pepper
  • 1 Green pepper  
  • 1 green chilli 
  • 1 Tin of tomatoes
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • Handful Fresh Thyme
  • Large sprig Fresh Rosemary
  • Juice of 1 Fresh lime
  • Tabasco sauce
  • Vegetable stock cube
Instructions
  1. Fry the onion and the peppers along with the chilli. 
  2. Once browned add the honey, tinned tomatoes, herbs, lime juice and the Tabasco along with the stock cube.
  3. Continue cooking slowly for about twenty minutes to thicken and allow the flavours to develop.
  4. Liquidise contents for a smooth sauce or leave lumpy depending on preference
Results

I've been assured this is great as a sauce for Ribs or Hunter's chicken. Equally good with Burgers. It sounds more like a spicy Ketchup than a really sticky barbecue sauce.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.



1 comment:

  1. This sauces looks really good for not only barbecue but also for other fast food. I am definitely going to try it, thank you for sharing complete recipe with us

    ReplyDelete